H and I have been ttc for the last 6 months, I'm 8 months clear of the pill but my cycles are still falling between 24 -28 days. We are both in our late 30s and this is our first child. After several years of being on supply, I have recently received a fixed term contract for a year, running my own dept. I'm extremely happy about this but it will require me to be in school next April/May/June. I am awaiting the arrival of AF this month and praying it arrives. My H however does NOT understand my thinking. I suggested that in order for me to stay at school up until the end of my contract, It would be best to aim for a sept/october conception, which with or without a job might still happen. This would mean spending the summer months being careful or aiming for the unlikely dates. He's angry with me for putting a job before our chances of a child and I'm peeved he's not being too supportive in my new position. There's nothing to say I would have got pregnant this summer given our track record and he cant see that himself. If I were to fall pregnant I'll accept that and be happy of course but I'll also feel like I'm letting down the school (I worked there before and have been wanting to go back for a while). I have to accept that if I fall pregnant I wont get back to this school and the dept I'm building from scratch so that's why I want to make it work for the time I'm there. what would you do in my position? maybe there's nothing I can do but I dont want my H huffin' with me for the next 6 months! cheers for reading.