1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new job role-in charge of media BTEC creative digital media-new to media!

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by amylong, Oct 13, 2015.

1. amylong

amylong New commenter

Hi all

I have just taken up a new post where I will be in charge of edexcel BTEC media for KS4 and OCR A level Media. Just me in charge and I have never taught it before so very daunting!! My background is English which is still half my timetable.

I was hoping that current media teachers could offer me any words of wisdom in regards to the following:

which courses would be useful in terms of training myself for the more practical aspects of the course-thinking of doing the digital publishing unit and the website unit. Have never done this before so very worried!

Are there websites that can be recommended to pick up resources/sows etc?

Any general words of wisdome and tips for this role/ running this course?

ANY INFO or replies much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Amy.

2. CandysDog

CandysDog Established commenter

Congratulations!

I don't teach BTEC and do WJEC for A Level, so I'm likely to be of little help. However, I'd recommend getting yourself on whatever OCR offers and anything by the English and Media Centre or the Media Education Association (which are actually the same organisation deep down).