1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job - Pay and Hours

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by SecondEd1, Jul 8, 2011.

1. I recently got offered a new LSA job, in the interview they told me that the pay had been downgraded to grade 4 (£15,444) form grade 5 (£16,830) due to budget cuts. When they offered me the job the head teacher offered me a full time position, however today I have received deatils from the school and the hours are 29 hours a week (part-time), meaning I am not only getting paid less because it pays term time only but I am also being payed part-time hours instead of the full time I was offered.
    Is this a misunderstanding on my part are is it the school and LEA misleading me (can't think of another way to put it) and take advantage of my lack of experience in the job market?
    Should I ring the school and ask about this because I was expecting to work and get paid full-time hours (or atleast close)?
    SecondEd1

2. coppull

coppull New commenter

What did the job advert say ?

3. There were full-time and part-time jobs advertised at pay grade 5 (£16,830), they informed me at the interview that the grade had been reduced due to funding and asked if I still wanted a job and I said yes. Then they asked if I wanted part-time or full-time and I replied FULL-TIME because I need to relocate, but 29 hours is not full-time even for a job in school.