1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job or coordinator?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by loudleah14, May 5, 2012.

1. I am working in a British International School overseas and I have applied for another British school in another country to start September. I currently teach F2 and I was offered F2 coordinator at my school now, however it is a brand new school (only 2 years since opening) and I ave been there from the very start so I have helped set-up everything including children's house names, class names, ASA etc etc. I decided I wanted to leave because of poor management and little care for their staff however I am on the good side of the management and I am treated okay but the whole staff are disorganised and un-united in many things. I enjoy the lifestyle here and have lots of friends but I applied elsewhere and got another job in another key stage, as a class teacher. I do not know what to do? I have accepted the job elsewhere and the school looks amazing and very well organised but a I missing a huge opportunity?
    I have only been a teacher for 2 years and I am still an NQT. This school is my 1st school.
    HELP!

2. I am working in a British International School overseas and I have applied for another British school in another country to start September. I currently teach F2 and I was offered F2 coordinator at my school now, however it is a brand new school (only 2 years since opening) and I ave been there from the very start so I have helped set-up everything including children's house names, class names, ASA etc etc. I decided I wanted to leave because of poor management and little care for their staff however I am on the good side of the management and I am treated okay but the whole staff are disorganised and un-united in many things. I enjoy the lifestyle here and have lots of friends but I applied elsewhere and got another job in another key stage, as a class teacher. I do not know what to do? I have accepted the job elsewhere and the school looks amazing and very well organised but a I missing a huge opportunity?
    I have only been a teacher for 2 years and I am still an NQT. This school is my 1st school.
    HELP!

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Your answer is there if you look for it.