1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job offer...but no contract in the paperwork....

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by katerina_78, Apr 17, 2012.

1. katerina_78

katerina_78 New commenter

I've landed a new job! Hoooooray And have today been sent through the CRB stuff and a letter asking me to sign on the dotted line accepting the job, but I've seen no contract....any advice as to what to do?
    They are not an academy and I will be paid on normal national pay spine.
    I'm also about to go through threshold but haven't put my application in yet and on the letter from new school it says I will be paid on the MPS6 - which is fine, but if I am successful with threshold can that change? Or if I sign does it stay there?
    This is all new territory for me as it's my first career move and haven't had to worry about all of this as the last contract I signed I was a young NQT but now I will probably be more demanding of my contract!
    Thanks everyone!

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You sign it all knowing that Standard Teachers' Pay and Conditions apply.
    They can only quote the payscale you are currently on. Someone on M5, say, would have that quoted in the paperwork but would progress to M6 if they have met the 26 week service qualifier by the end of the school year.
    If you pass Threshold in Round 12, you will get UPS1 from 1st Sept once your new school/LA have been updated.

3. Perfectly normal to not get the contract for a while - legally i think they have to give you it only within 6 weeks of you starting the actual job! Ask Theo on jobseekers as he knows about it.

4. katerina_78

katerina_78 New commenter

Thanks everyone! I've done some research and it all seems normal now. Pheweee!