1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job next year

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by coffeekarma99, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Like other posters it follows on from supply and it is part-time a 0.6, over 3.5 days but a 0.6 at M6 pays more than working everyday of the year on supply, and we know that we don't work everyday. I will have to keep my regular other income stuff on, but this will cover the bills. The rest will be debt repayment, PhD fees and extras. So I am happy with the result and looking forward to a better future. I have contact my agency and the county supply list and said I will be available from some Mondays and we will take it from there.

2. Like other posters it follows on from supply and it is part-time a 0.6, over 3.5 days but a 0.6 at M6 pays more than working everyday of the year on supply, and we know that we don't work everyday. I will have to keep my regular other income stuff on, but this will cover the bills. The rest will be debt repayment, PhD fees and extras. So I am happy with the result and looking forward to a better future. I have contact my agency and the county supply list and said I will be available from some Mondays and we will take it from there.

3. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

Well done on the job! That's great news!
    Isn't 3.5 days 0.7, not 0.6? Check that you are being paid at the correct rate.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well as you say part-time regular work is a whole lot better than unreliable supply. Plus,as long as it covers your expenses and lets you study too, seems a good deal in these times.
    so CONGRATULATIONS!
    [​IMG]

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Congratulations coffeekarma99 - it's good to know it can still happen.

My guess is they mean that they're not teaching in solid blocks - the 0.6 workload is spread over 3.5 days. Mine is similar - 0.6 over 4 working days, with non-contractual gaps here and there.

6. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

well done
    a shame that schools are able to spread the work out without any sort of recompense, but better than unreliable supply for the bank account, especially on M6!

7. Well done CoffeeKarma!!

8. Congrats on your position as well fuzzle. This is only a resting place though as the hours will disappear the following year due to the way the school is restructing subject areas... So on the look out for something more permenant, but a good place to start and first time I have been on a proper contract since 2009.