1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Job...ks3 co-ordinator,what to expect!?

Discussion in 'English' started by emeraldteacher, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hello all, new to this forum!!

I am going to start a new job as key stage three co-ordinator taking over from a colleague of mine. I was wondering if people could share their tips on this role and things you do to enhance the ks3 curriculum. The current ks3 co-ordinator updates schemes of work and collects data. Are there other things you ks3 co-ordinators do? Also, what useful things do you do with data when you collect it from your colleagues to make impact?

Any comments or feedback would be interesting and greatly received!!

2. Hello all, new to this forum!!

I am going to start a new job as key stage three co-ordinator taking over from a colleague of mine. I was wondering if people could share their tips on this role and things you do to enhance the ks3 curriculum. The current ks3 co-ordinator updates schemes of work and collects data. Are there other things you ks3 co-ordinators do? Also, what useful things do you do with data when you collect it from your colleagues to make impact?

Any comments or feedback would be interesting and greatly received!!

3. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Congratulations on your new job.
    When I was KS3 coordinator, I was responsible for the curriculum at KS3 (schemes of work and resources) testing and tracking students, celebrating achievement and intervening with under achievers. I also had to be responsible for behaviour for years 7,8 and 9 (that was a joy!) and also enrichment activities for these years and sampling work.
    Hope this helps - feel free to ask if you want any more tips!

4. thanks for your help :)