1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job, first day of term and school closed!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

After bemoaning getting up at 6am I was actaully, very excited to be starting my new job today. Was met with a cheery 'hello' from DH as I walked in, swiftly followed by 'sorry, school is closed today. The heating is broken. You can go home again'.
    I'm actually not too happy as I really wanted to get back into the swing of things and was ready to rock!
    Never mind, had a day's cooking at home and more time to plan lessons.
    Let's hope tomorrow the school is open again!

2. BelleDuJour

After bemoaning getting up at 6am I was actaully, very excited to be starting my new job today. Was met with a cheery 'hello' from DH as I walked in, swiftly followed by 'sorry, school is closed today. The heating is broken. You can go home again'.
    I'm actually not too happy as I really wanted to get back into the swing of things and was ready to rock!
    Never mind, had a day's cooking at home and more time to plan lessons.
    Let's hope tomorrow the school is open again!

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We were sent home early too as the heat in our main building was not on due to lack of oil. Oil has now arrived so we should be open tomorrow when the kids come in.

4. BelleDuJour

Kids were due in today but school is relatively small and got the message out via local radio etc in plenty of time. As far as I know very few kids did turn up but boliler is now fixed so try again tomorrow.

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

We were asked to leave the school earlier than normal so that some maintenance could be done - I should be delighted but I'm not happy as its screwed up my commute!

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Same thing, but we carried on. 6 degrees at 9am, up to 15 by lunchtime with plug ins. (Not in a school)