1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job but no formal offer letter yet! Advice please.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jun 15, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are your two days fairly soon? If so just ask about written confirmation when you are there.

I've never had written confirmation of a job offer, so I'd not worry unduly.

2. The two days are at the beginning of July so not that close. But i agree, maybe i should ask when I'm there. Thanks
    Have you not?? I thought it was required??

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

It might be these days...but I didn't get one for my current post which started Jan 2010. However the head who interviewed me left pretty soon after, so probably it all just got lost in the mess.

4. But presumably you got told what your salary was!! haha.
    Thanks though, I do feel slightly better about it now, less worried x

5. In my experience the county takes FOREVER to send anything on so it's probably on someone's to-do list. Yes, if you're worried, I'd do as UpsidedownWorld suggested ask for something on headed paper to confirm.

6. Thanks to all for the advice. Will ask them tomorrow to confirm my employment and pay for a mortgage! Funnily enough, a house move was on the cards anyway! Great idea! xx