1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job at scale pay.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by roseangel, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I have been offered a full time job for the summer term in a good school. I am going to see the school this afternoon and talk to partner teachers. I have even had confirmation that I will be paid to scale as AWR will have kicked in and I'm on UPS! I know lots of you will be really envious and would love this opportunity but my problem is that I don't really want the job! I quite like doing casual supply and being able to have a day off here and there. But the school specifically wanted someone they knew and trusted and liked and they asked for me. So I will do it but this is the last time I am taking a long term posting. At least I'll have enough money to have a holiday later. And I should rack up a good bit of holiday pay.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Hang on a minute whilst I . . . . catch 'the green-eyed monster' and put under lock and key!<strike> [​IMG]</strike>
    So, very well done on being offered that position, you're obviously a very good, well-respected teacher. AND being paid to scale at UPS! Just a minute the 'green eyed monster' got loose. . . .

There now. You never know - you may actually turn out to like the job!
    If not there will be finances for a holiday. Sorry, I'm going to need to blow my nose at this point.[​IMG]
    (Good noseblow. Deep breath) Now, to award you your much derserved CONGRATULATIONS!

3. Thank you. I had a meeting at the school yesterday and it gets even better. I will not have to write the reports and all the planning is already in place so I won't have overload on that either. Even if I like the job I won't continue beyond a term as I like the freedom of day to day supply and I've been getting plenty of work.

4. Well done! I bet you'll love it! ;)
    I have an FT job for the summer term too and I cannot wait - but I'm not getting as much supply work as you seem to have done. ;)