1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new job and payscale query...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Kit1000, May 21, 2011.

1. Apologies if I am asking a silly question here but I am hoping one of you lovely people can help me! I am currently on UPS1 and have just accepted a new job at a school for september (yay!) Will I start in September on UPS1 or UPS2 or something else entirely?!
    Thanks

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If you're on UPS1:1 at present you will move up to UPS1:2 in September, as you would have done if you'd stayed put.

3. Brilliant, thanks for helping me out! [​IMG]

4. ooh someone on jobseekershas said that I have to stay on UPS1 for two years and gather evidence before I can move to UPS2, is that right? I've only been on UPS1 for 1 year.

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

That's what I said - If you're currently on UPS1:1, you'll go up to UPS1:2 next September. Then, the following year, you're eligible to progress to UPS2:1.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Progression on the Upper Pay Scale is not yearly as on the Mainscale. You need a 2 year interval and then need to request progression. Just as crossing Threshold is not automatic, neither is progressing up the payscale. I've known of teachers who were 3 or 4 years on UPS1 or 2. Always make sure that your PM reviews have targets that allow you to show maintenance of Post Threshold standards.

7. Ah ok, sorry I didn't realise there was UPS1:1 and UPS1:2. I thought you meant UPS2! [​IMG] Right I understand now! Thanks for all the help! x