1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job after easter

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by helgarr, Mar 19, 2020.

1. helgarr

helgarr New commenter

Hi I have resigned from my current job and have a letter confirming my appointment at a new school for the summer term. I am now worried what will happen anyone else in this position .

2. speaker2

speaker2 New commenter

Best to keep in touch with the new school. As they probably have had a teacher leave, they most likely still need you.

3. helgarr

helgarr New commenter

Thanks I have tried to contact them but no answer. I shall try again next week.

4. pinktuss

pinktuss New commenter

I'm due to start my new job after easter...heard nothing either...

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Ok folks, do you have a written offer letter? And have you replied to it, formally accepting the offer in writing?

If so, you should be feeling pretty secure, although in these exceptional times, it is, of course, hard to be 100% sure that you won't be, to put it bluntly, laid off as soon as you start.

If you don't have a written offer, then it is a great deal trickier. You could try writing something along these lines if you are still waiting to hear from them in writing:

Dear Mrs Jones (name of Headteacher)

Full-time permanent post of teacher of Science

I am writing to confirm my acceptance of the offer made to me on the phone by Mr Brown, Head of Science, on the evening of Monday 2nd March.

He offered and I accepted during that conversation the full-time permanent post of teacher of Science at Bloster Academy, beginning on 1st September 2020, at a starting salary of £29,500.

On receiving written confirmation of this offer, I shall withdraw from all other applications.

I would be pleased to receive also any other paperwork that I should fill in and return to you prior to the beginning of my employment.

I look forward to joining my new colleagues and contributing to the continuing success of Bloster Academy.

Yours sincerely,

Josephine White

Best wishes

Rott Weiler likes this.
  6. install

install Star commenter

Congratulations!

1 Email to confirm receipt and acceptance of the new appt.

2 Look at school website (eg for Covid info )

3 Request details of who you should make contact with to prepare for the new post suitably

4 Request potential time table

5 Ask if there is anything else they recommend you might do

7. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

My school has a summer hire that is covering til christmas. They have agreed to pay him until summer end...essentially half of what was agreed. Not sure how this came about.

8. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

Forgot to mention he's a SEN ta.