1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New in Primary Setting - Advice sought!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Emzmum, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Hi all
    I originally trained as a Secondary school teacher of Geography and taught KS3 and 4 for 8 years. For the last 7 years I have worked in a Middle School. For the last 2 years of middle school I have been a Y5 teacher and then Y6. Middle schools are closing in my authority and I have secured a job in a primary school (which I am very happy about!) where I will be a Y4 teacher.
    As our Middle school runs on a secondary model I have limited/no experience of setting up, organising and running a true primary classroom. Any must do's/don'ts, good ideas for routines etc and especially about getting off to a good start in a new school etc would be gratefully received. [​IMG]

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

My - perhaps naughty - suggestions is:
    *Do expect to see a lot of time spent on things like making the place look pretty and exciting.
    *Don't be too drawn into those very primary ways - remember your roots [​IMG]

3. Bump!

Thanks Takfam!
    Anyone else?