1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New improvised snack taste sensation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Seems quite ordinary to me.

2. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

Hmmmm....seems that Andy was delirious last night afterall as he is now in bed with a cold.
    This meant I was able to eat the last scone in the proper way, with strawberry jam.
    Marmite is the work of the devil.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Definitely.

4. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Could work with Philly.
    Do you think a drop of Tabasco could provide the alternative 'bite' (which you'd lose from the cheddar/stilton) to contrast with the Marmite?

5. Lol.

6. I agree. *shudder*
    However, it works quite well in certain veggie dishes although the Aussie Vegemite works just as well.

7. The Marmite is where you are going wrong.

8. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Marmite is never wrong.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Marmite is the food of the Gods!
    Bring me more Marmite. [​IMG]

10. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

That's true - I used to put it in nut roasts but haven't made one for ages. Isn't it a good source of vitamin B?

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It's the only vegetarian source of B12.

12. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

I
    I have selfessly bought him the Guiness version, the valentine version with champagne and the extra strong version which I think had been left brewing for a million years ....cough.......splutter..... wince....
    [​IMG]
    I probably shouldn't show you this one,Manshee foe the sake of your health... beer and marmite, all in one place.......
    [​IMG]

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well one good thing is it will look and taste pretty much the same on the way up as it did on the way down!

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Mmmmmm moony - lots of Marmite!!! [​IMG]
    I've got a jar of the limited edition Marstons Pedigree Marmite in the cupboard. I'm planning on selling it on eBay in about 20 years time when it should be worth a few bob (to help fund the pension).
    Wish I'd done the same with the Guinness and Champagne Marmites.
    Haven't tried the XO Marmite yet. I'm saving that for high days and holidays (special treats).

15. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Noooo. Isn't that being like those blokes who buy toy train sets and keep them in the packaging and never play with them to keep the value?
    Break it out immediately!
    The Marmite XO is definitely my favourite of the limited editions I've sampled.

16. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ha, ha! Yes, this is true. [​IMG] I shall release the Marstons Marmite forthwith!
    Just had my first piece of toast and Marmite of the day after power cut that's lasted most of the morning. Cheese on toast with a good layer of Marmite slathered on the toast before you add the cheese is fab.

17. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

So is like the Guinness one - slightly lighter consistency and a bit more yeasty?

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Definitely a lighter consistency, Andy and darker in colour. I thought it was also slightly malty, which was nice.
    Really good on granary toast. [​IMG]