1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New ideas for revision please

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Footpolish2, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Footpolish2

Footpolish2 New commenter

I am doing lots of different things to keep the kids interested. For example I had them in small groups take a topic each and teach it back to the class. I have had them create display resources and of course we do past papers in class. I would like to find some new ways to help the kids revise that are interesting for both them and me - any new ideas welcome.

2. revisionstation

revisionstation New commenter

Select one green, one amber and one red activity and apply to one topic which you find difficult…

Green activities – to help you learn the basics and show your creativity

Create a podcast of key topics using audacity or your phone

Create a quiz, either on paper or on PowerPoint using the action buttons or using Kahoot.com online

Create some keyword flash cards

Create a summary sheet of one topic

Amber activities – to help with your exam technique, use your curiosity to explore questions and answers

Time yourself using past papers and your phone

Create quick 1 min essay plans to an entire paper

Self-mark past paper (or sample paper) exam questions using the model marked answers from the exam board – add in a different colour pen information that was new

Red activities – try revising in a new way take a responsible risk

Create a mindmap, either on paper or on the computer

Design a crossword online using puzzle-maker.com

Watch a video youtube.com and write a review of the video, make a top 10 list of the best videos for each subject

Create a flow diagram of chains of reason

Look to Pintrest for inspiration (use revision tips as your search term)

Create a textbook page using smore.com

Create a multimedia revision page using en.linoit.com