1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new ICT teacher trainee

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by henalpatel, Sep 2, 2011.

1. heyy all i was hoping someone could help me..i start teacher training in september and have been given some pre course tasks in ICT, one of whivh i am stuck with...it requires me to discuss the impact of ICT in education focusing on EAl, SEN and G&T students...and it needs to be written to alevel standard
    I dont remember when i was at school doing referencing at alevel??
    can anyone suggest ways in which i can acquire the information i need??or recommend any websites??
    many thanks
    henal

2. heyy all i was hoping someone could help me..i start teacher training in september and have been given some pre course tasks in ICT, one of whivh i am stuck with...it requires me to discuss the impact of ICT in education focusing on EAl, SEN and G&T students...and it needs to be written to alevel standard
    I dont remember when i was at school doing referencing at alevel??
    can anyone suggest ways in which i can acquire the information i need??or recommend any websites??
    many thanks
    henal

3. Hi Henal,
    Do you have access to your University website? There is usually a guide to referencing on there, most tend to follow the Harvard system. I studied ICT at Nottingham Trent and there is a downloadable guide on their website.
    You can also buy a book called 'citing references' for £1 by David Fisher and Terry Harrison which is very good - again your Uni bookshop should have a copy.
    Alternatively a quick Google search should bring up something:
    http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
    Hope this helps,
    Jaime

4. Hi Henal,
    Firstly, join the Computing At School group. Unrelated to your question, but essential for your professional development and networking - http://www.computingatschool.org.uk/
    Secondly, the sort of material you are looking for is probably covered in your A-level textbooks, as The Impact of ICT is on most specifications. Find out what board your college has a preference for, get the books for that board and... job done. I guess the sort of things they are looking for might be:
    - Online systems to help diagnose with SEN (Aspergers, etc).
    - Online teaching to let G&T be part of a Further Maths A-level class in the next town.
    - Forums, for all sorts of things.
    - Analysis tools. Our VP tells us what the current Form I are predicted at GCSE, based on their SATs and past trends. We review it at Form III and hopefully, they outdo the prediction at GCSE. Itgives us evidence for seeing who can drop subjects, to make sure they get decent grades in core subjects.
    - IWBs, to cover the cracks in the wall and be turned on when Ofsted are in town.
    Best wishes,
    Zaphod