1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New ICT specifications for Foundation tier Students - help

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by gyunyu, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I am a teacher at a PRU and I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I am currenntly looking into new specifications/exam boards to be able to deliver GCSE ICT as the course we study at the moment is to be phased out this summer.
    I have looked around at the various exam boards but am not sure which would be best in regarsd to the controlled assessment portion with my students as their skills can be very weak.
    A lot of the exam boards are now offering a one-tier entry system and so am a little daunted. Id there anyone who has worked with similar students who is currently doing the controlled assessment and can give me some advice.

Thanks!

2. Which course do you deliver at the moment? I know a lot of PRUs do CLAiT, if you do the iTQ QCF the students can sit CLAiT papers for the word processing, spreadsheet, database, dtp, presentation, imaging, web design and email units (and also the internet unit at level 1). They could also gain points by doing other iTQ units such as system building which are more practical. A level 2 iTQ certificate is equivalent to a B at GCSE.
    www.allaboutitq.co

3. We deliver the WJEC short course and would ideally like a GCSE graded course because of giving the students the best chance at future education choices. Lots of places where we are don't really see the level 2 courses as equivalent (even though they are). I'll have a look at itq anyway thanks :).