1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New ICT co ordinaror: feeling completely overwhelmed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Mar 22, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

I'm in my second year of teaching, and due to changing year groups and having to revive yr2, ive only just been given a co ordinaror role. However it's ICT, hardly a small subject. Old ICT support lady is leaving completely, old co-ordintor in now sen co ordination, so still around but very busy! She gave me her folder today and have just been looking through it and am completely overwhelmed, and that's before the support lady hands over to me tomorrow! I can do ICT, I have lots of ideas and am technically able in order of delivering ICT across the curriculum but talk to me about servers, networks etc etc and I'm lost! In the folder I've found all sorts of things like costs to be part of a server, annual subscriptions etc. is that now all my responsibility? Buying ink, how does that happen? I don't thnk I'm ready for this, and it's coming just in time for sats! Feel like I'm drowning

2. Breathe!!!!

Do not worry too much! When taking on any new role there will be a lot of 'Wow, what am I doing?' Just try and organise a time when you and the lady can have a 'real' handover and talk over the key requirements of the job role. I'm sure your school's admin office will be able to help with all the resource acquisition etc. In terms of Servers etc. If anything ever goes wrong, turn it off and on again. If that fails, revert back to the old school 'Overhead projector'.

Good luck and keep talking.

Maybe my words haven't helped but hopefully you will find someone on here that will!

Gareth

3. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

Just remember that you are the 'coordinator' and not the 'technician'. It's not your responsibility to deal with ink buying, servers or broken computers. We have a HLTA who has been trained as our technician and support from an outside agency for anything technical. Good luck!

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

see this, mail/PM me if you want a bit of input