1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New History MA for teachers and free CPD opportunities

Discussion in 'History' started by chrissypascoe, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Hi everyone

I work for Northumbria University and am currently assisting one of the senior lecturers in designed a new MA course with History teachers in mind (as I qualified and taught as one!).

I have been studying towards my MA in History for the past 2 years but would have loved to combine it with education in order to progress my career, however there is nothing out there at the moment that tailors for this.

At Northumbria, we are now looking to design a course for 2016-17 entry and beyond where History teachers will study towards an MA in History and Education. It will combine modules of History where you will recap and discuss the topics taught in schools e.g. Nazi Germany, American West etc. and will add in modules of Education where you will look at assessment, T and L etc.

I would love it if you could complete the following 2 minute survey expressing whether this course would be something that would interest you (you don't haver to intend to study with us or live nearby!) and also whether our new ideas for CPD would interest you.

If you could pass this on to your colleagues, that would also be amazing!

https://nuweb.northumbria.ac.uk/surveys/History%20for%20Education/new604.htm

Thank you!!

2. htaylor16

htaylor16 New commenter