1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Headship..

Discussion in 'Governors' started by harsh-but-fair, Oct 8, 2011.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

The make-up of the selection panel should be a matter public record. The details of the meetings should be confidential although minutes will have to be produced eventually ....

2. Thanks, so the chair and clerk should not be discussing the meeting with head ...the head surely now should have no further information at all. If this is happening what should I do?

3. I can see no reason why the existing HT is not kept appraised of the selection process. If chair wishes to discuss points brought out at the meeting I can think of no reason why not.

4. ..but what if candidates are discussed at meetings that the current head knows or has encouraged to apply...there are many implications if the head knows the details of the meetings..surely?...not of the selection panel...but of the subsequent appointment meetings?

5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

What implications did you have in mind? There's clearly more to your question than academic interest in procedure. Care to share? Do you think the outgoing head is trying to manipulate the governors into appointing someone the outgoing head wants? What are the 'the subsequent appointment meetings'? The only meeting that needs to take place apart from selsction panel meetings is when the full GB is asked to approve the candidate recommended by the selection panel.

What is your role in this? Are you a governor?