1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Head needs advice

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Duplobrick, Jan 14, 2011.

1. We been given a fund (can't remember it name) to spend on children on FSM about 250 per child. How have you spent it?

Rather strange one
    Do you make OFSTED wear your own school visitor badges?

Ta

2. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Haven't spent it because I haven't been given it ( I have 50%fsm- I'd be minted!)
    we issue visitor stickers for everyone, including ofsted.

3. is this the disadvantage subsidy to enable them to attend clubs?

4. Yes
    although I know of one school that bought a trampoline for the child to use at home

5. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

Ofsted have their own identification. They do sign in the visitors book though. [​IMG]
    Used ours for clubs.

6. When you used it for clubs how did you organise it ie did non-fsm come too or was it out of school?

7. I have this money too.
    Who gets it is at my discretion, ie it does not have to be limited to FSM. What you can spend it on seems to be pretty unlimited. I have used it to pay for Out of Hours Clubs both in and out of term time; sports kit for individual children; music tuition - in and out of school time, contributions to school journeys. No-one seems to question my choices and I have a clear conscience about the expenditure.
    We charge for all after hours clubs, FSM children have their contributions met out of this fund.
    I do not use it to pay any voluntary contribution for day trips, however.
    HTH

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Make sure you make ofsted inspectors show their passes before you let them in.it impresses them.....one school didnt and they marked it down as you were not safeguarding.......besides gives you a few minutes to compose yourself before you panic lol

9. If you're referring to the story about inspectors being offered coffee before being asked for ID, then putting the school into a category for it then it's an urban myth. [​IMG]