1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSEs?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by sispud, Jan 23, 2011.

1. sispud

sispud New commenter

Eek! I have now got myself into a complete confused muddle! If I am to tutor a current year 11 (sitting exams this May) is he doing the old specs or the new ones?

2. sispud

sispud New commenter

Eek! I have now got myself into a complete confused muddle! If I am to tutor a current year 11 (sitting exams this May) is he doing the old specs or the new ones?

3. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

I would say the new ones. But am I correct in thinking that some GCSE subjects changed their specs at earlier/later years than others?

4. sispud

sispud New commenter

Oh - I had convinced myself it was the old ones! When he described what he had to do in the exam it sounded like the old spec. WIll have to get him to check.

5. This is def a tricky one - Can anyone outline what the differences are please? - I'm actually in a similar position! [​IMG]

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Most teenagers don't have a clue what exams they are doing.
    First thing I try to find out is board and exam type - linear or modular. Maths has changed - year 10s are doing the new spec and the year 11s will be the last doing the old spec.
    Get them to try to find out from school.
    And don't get me started when I am asked to do science tuition - which science are you doing?