1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSE RS Specs

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by ndtrigg, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ndtrigg

ndtrigg New commenter

Hi All,

Was wandering what everyone else is doing regarding the new specifications?

Which ones do you like/not like etc?

2. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter

Arghhhhhhhh. I don't know and it's messing with my brain! We run compulsory short course at my school but want to do Christianity and Hinduism. The only exam board running that combo for the short course is Edexcel but I really wanted to stick with OCR. Also- it looks to me like the short course and full course are no longer compatible? So I don't think we're going to be able to offer full course as an extension, as we have in the past. Boooo. How about you?

3. ndtrigg

ndtrigg New commenter

Going for AQA A

Only two exams and looks interesting.

4. FormosaRed

FormosaRed Occasional commenter

Isn't Ofqual expected to report back in January about the amended specs ? Then, once they've been approved, we can look at them and then decide which one(s) to pick....

It is doing my head in.

5. DrJay

DrJay Occasional commenter

AQA fully approved. All others are awaiting approval.

6. Skitashi

Skitashi New commenter

OCR A level approved yesterday-we will go with them
    We are going with AQA for GCSE

mehal12 likes this.
  7. marzie74

marzie74 New commenter

Im going with AQA Spec A because out of them all (Edexcel, OCR, AQA and WJEC) it looks the best and most interesting

8. Cornishbodger

Cornishbodger New commenter

Eduqas has now been accredited. I'm going with them because I feel it's the most flexible and most accessible for the pupils at my school. We're moving away from AQA.

9. ndtrigg

ndtrigg New commenter

We're definitely doing AQA A now.

I feel that this spec has the best questions as they start easy and get slowly harder (1 mark, 2 mark, 4 mark, 5 mark and 12 mark)

Some of the others seem to jump straight into the hard questions