1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSE past papers? What do you use?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by bristolmover, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bristolmover

bristolmover New commenter

Hi,

I am using AQA for French and Spanish GCSE, but there are not an awful lot of specimen papers available. I don't want to use them up in Year 10, but the school is running a mock exam week and I need to find listening and reading papers which are similar to the new exams.

My ideas are
    - to use AQA pre-2010 papers. However, we have none in Spanish, and have no digital files for the listening in French
    - to use I-GCSE Edxcel papers available online for Higher. These will be too difficult for Foundation though.

Any ideas as to what else I can use as a mock exam?

Thanks

2. taradh

taradh New commenter

Do you have kerboodle? Or can you cobble something together from your textbook that you haven't used yet? ( I am presuming you have the new AQA textbook)

3. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

4. madcatlady

madcatlady New commenter

There is one full specimen paper available on the AQA website. we are using that in mock week for year 10 before the students work out it is there for themselves. There is a second on the eAQA secure materials site.

After that I will use the AQA level 1/2 certificate papers which are very similar indeed to the new GCSE. there are several of these.

I also use, for example, the Spanish or German speaking cards available from AQA for the equivalent spec and simply translate them.

maria2201 likes this.
  5. bristolmover

bristolmover New commenter

Thank you for the replies. All very helpful.

Unfortunately we don't have kerboodle or a new AQA textbook, but I will push for this for September, so we could use those from then on.
    I think I will go with Edexcel's for the mocks then, thanks. Reassuring to know there's one more on e-AQA.
    Translating the speaking cards makes sense.

FYI, I emailed AQA to ask their advice, and whether they would be releasing any more assessment materials. They won't be!

6. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

The new updated revise purple books have sample papers which are useful. They are published by Pearson but there is an AQA version. I recommend them heartily.

7. gsglover

gsglover New commenter

Pearson are also planning a practice paper booklet soon

8. cake4tea

cake4tea New commenter

I believe AQA have promised more practice papers over the coming months. Does anyone have any more details?