1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSE maths spec paper today.

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Labrown20, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Labrown20

Labrown20 New commenter

What are peoples views on the new spec Edexcel higher paper today? My C/D borderline students found it quite challenging. What was the foundation paper like?

2. Labrown20

Labrown20 New commenter

What are peoples views on the new spec Edexcel higher paper today? My C/D borderline students found it quite challenging. What was the foundation paper like?

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

No online discussions should take place until 24 hours after the paper has been sat to allow for students sitting the paper in different time zones.
    I'll tell you what I thought tomorrow!

4. DM

DM New commenter

As bombay said, discussion of this exam is embargoed. I think the embargo actually ends at 4.30 a.m.

5. Sorry, I'd already started my reply before bombay had replied. I didn't realise this. [​IMG]

6. maths_man_

maths_man_ New commenter

Buy your exams officer a box of chocolates at xmas

7. Lee Fields

Lee Fields New commenter

Any tips on topics to expect for tomorrow's calculator paper ?

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I thought the paper was reasonable and as expected. It was easier than last June's paper.
    Functional questions were similar to those in the specimen material - value for money was predictable. The numbers were reasonable but it will throw students with weak division skills.

9. gdunne42

gdunne42 New commenter

The Mathwatch folks have paper 2 revision plans on their site
    http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/
    private message me an email address if you want the shorter higher tier list my students & I came up with