1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSE guided learning hours

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sydbarrett, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Does anybody know the guided learning hours for:
    AQA GCSE ICT:
    OCR GCSE ICT:
    EDEXCEL GCSE ICT:
    I am looking on their sites and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

2. Does anybody know the guided learning hours for:
    AQA GCSE ICT:
    OCR GCSE ICT:
    EDEXCEL GCSE ICT:
    I am looking on their sites and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

3. MrPearce

MrPearce New commenter

I know unit 2 and 3 are 25 hours each for the AQA GCSE

4. The OCR GCSE ICT is 120-140 Guided learning hours for the full course. This includes the 20 hours for each of two Controlled Assessments (compared to 25 hours with AQA I understand). I've taught it since the start with 2 hours per week in year 10 and 11 (not including lessons missed for exams, intervention or impact days). I have also taught it with 4 hours per week in 1 year but wouldn't recommend this again!
    I am biased as I teach this course and love it!
    It is thorough, teaches useful skills and application, and despite the issues with the first years exams, exam papers and mark schemes are clear and fair. Also good if following on with AS and A Level ICT with OCR as similar structure, although at AS and A Level marking criteria are far more strict!

5. Ed Excel Single Award is 40 hours

6. All GCSEs are rated to be 120 GLH.