1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New GCSE Edexcel linear Higher: any book recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by siddons_sara, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I've not used the Elmwood Press books but I did get hold of a copy when googolplex mentioned them before. They looked a bit 'no frills' but certainly the writing is of good quality and I can see how they would be versatile too. My school would have certainly considered them if we had not just bought some books from Nelson Thornes.

Are you definitely wedded to the idea of using textbooks?

2. Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone. I've had a look at preview chapters of the Elmwood books online and was impressed enough to order a copy. I suspect I will go with these books.
    Books for us are really an additional resource, though sometimes an important one as we have very limited IT resources where I work.

3. Molesworth2

Molesworth2 New commenter

Edexcel have a 16+ textbook which I suppose is for those re-taking GCSE over a year. I haven't seen it yet myself, but the webpage is here.