1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New framework for Literacy or National Curriculum?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by barcleycard, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hello, i have been teaching in foundation for a number of years but now have to teach year 2 on Monday for an interview. I am looking at objectives for Literacy do you still use the new framework for Literacy? I know this might sound a silly question but would like to get it right.

Thank you

2. Hello, i have been teaching in foundation for a number of years but now have to teach year 2 on Monday for an interview. I am looking at objectives for Literacy do you still use the new framework for Literacy? I know this might sound a silly question but would like to get it right.

Thank you

3. National Curriculum is what you HAVE to teach, by law.
    Literacy framework is how you COULD teach the NC, and how many schools do teach it because it does ensure coverage of the NC and progression, though some of the suggested ideas are dry and boring.
    For planning on placements, I used the Framework for the basis of the lesson, my ideas to pad it out and make it exciting, and then found the links to the NC.
    JSY

4. Thank you JSY you are a star!