1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Forest Show

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Anyone else there today? Spent a good 6 hours there watching lifestock and horse classes very enjoyable but tiring. OH and dog have been asleep for an hour! (Dog longer - he has never met so many dogs in his life! Let alone pigs and sheep and alpacas!)

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Ah, lovely - I haven't been to a country show for years. There aren't many of them round here. The only ones seem to be about shooting and killing things in the countryside, rather than livestock and farming.
    I used to love the prize vegetable tent and the country crafts demos, as well as all the glossy cattle and horses looking special and superior.

3. Nearly packed my three off there today, but we took one look at website and decided £18 per person and " programme available on arrival" was a bit of a swiz.
    Going to pub for lunch tomorrow instead.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Sounds wonderful, Kinsa!
    I finally decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em and accompanied the man on a fishing trip this evening. Walked miles along the river Tweed with the beast and was even able to let her off the lead for once!
    The highlight was watching her trying to catch salmon, by pouncing into the rapids head first. [​IMG]
    Think I'll sleep well tonight. [​IMG]