1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New features to make TES Resources easier to use

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by TES_Community, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hello all
    We wanted to let you know about a couple of new features we've just added to TES Resources. They're both designed to save you time and to help you find useful resources more quickly.
    Follow
    Use the follow feature and you'll never miss a resource from your favourite resource contributor again. You get updates by email when your favourite contributor shares a new resource.
    Read more information on how to Follow contributors
    Save search
    This feature makes it even easier to find new material in your chosen topic areas. You get automatic emails when new material has been added to your subject areas.
    Read more information on Save search
    Let us know what you think here or email resources@tes.co.uk.
    The TES Team

2. TES_Community

Hello all
    We wanted to let you know about a couple of new features we've just added to TES Resources. They're both designed to save you time and to help you find useful resources more quickly.
    Follow
    Use the follow feature and you'll never miss a resource from your favourite resource contributor again. You get updates by email when your favourite contributor shares a new resource.
    Read more information on how to Follow contributors
    Save search
    This feature makes it even easier to find new material in your chosen topic areas. You get automatic emails when new material has been added to your subject areas.
    Read more information on Save search
    Let us know what you think here or email resources@tes.co.uk.
    The TES Team

3. I find searching for resources very difficul e.g. iIf I type "nursery planning" into search box it offers all sorts of useless results for secondary and primary but not any links directly to nursery or early year sresouces. Not all resources are area of learning based so difficult to find.

4. I agree with teetiny. The search for resources is very difficult. The range of resources available in the old format was better. Early years resources were easier to find.

5. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I really like the new follow feature. There are some posters that create fantastic resources and it's nice to see when they've uploaded something new.
    For those posters having trouble finding resources, have you seen the "keywords" button? I was getting very frustrated trying to search for resources on the new layout until somebody told me about the keywords button.

6. TES_Community

To use the search, enter your keywords at the top of the page and hit 'Enter'. We've made it faster so you don't have to click on a button that says 'Search.
    All results that you get back are in order of relevance to your keywords. You can either click "keyword matches" or choose which stage you require to narrow your search. You can alter your results to see what's new by clicking 'Newest' at the top once you get to the results page.
    Further help along with screenshots is available here:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storyCode=6057292

7. suffolksmiler

suffolksmiler New commenter

I am new to this site and have found it extremely difficult to navigate.

As stated above when putting in a search it came up with hundreds of options in all aspects of education when searching for new eyfs info!

I like the idea of following good contributors.
    I have begun saving a couple of favourite resources.
    But when I post something as a new subject in the forum I then struggle to go back and find it...........

I hope I am not the only person who gets confused!!!!!

Suffolk Smiler

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I agree with freelander and teenytiny. I can never find what I want in TES resources. Sometimes it's easier to use Google and then look up any links from TES that way.

9. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

I thought it must be me. I can never find anything in resources. Surely they must be able to make it simpler. I used to find things easily . Now invariably it throws up stuff for Key Stage 2 and 3 even when I try to find it in the Foundation Stage. I looked for Olympics the other day and my search was useless until like InkyP said, I looked on google.

10. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

yes, google is often a much quicker way to find tes stuff. i've never really found the tes search easy to use.

11. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I agree, I can never find things as easily since they changed it. the subject headings are also too narrow.