1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New EYFS proposal help

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by PipPie, Feb 14, 2012.

1. I am a Rec teacher currently on Maternity leave. Although I am on the look-out for courses whilst I'm off I could do with finding out information to read up on the new proposals and ideas. I have found brief over-views but could do with reference to a more indepth idea of where we will be heading.
    If anyone has any good resources/websites to help out I would be really grateful so I at least have some idea of where I am heading on my return to work.
    Thanks in advance.

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

someone told me that they are consulting on the outcomes of the last consultation... nothing is out yet. an ex-LA advisor said she was going to seminars about it in March, so we might hear something more concrete after that.
    this place will be very busy when things do happen, so keep checking back!

3. hurny

hurny New commenter

You might want to sign up to this website's e-newsletter. It will have all the up to date news on the government proposals etc. to do with early years. They will send you emails to inform you of EYFS news.
    I have just tried to find the proposed EYFS document online as it has the changes to the ELGs in it (which probably won't change very much after the 2nd consultation) but it seems to have disappeared!
    If you haven't seen it and would like to, I have saved a copy to my computer, just send me your email and I'll forward it on.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. hurny

hurny New commenter

Aha! There it is. Thanks Msz.

6. I dont know if i have misunderstood but I don't think they are proposing removing the bands just the descriptors (????)
    I'm sooo confused!