1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New EYFS medium term planning format query

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Miss N, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Having got some ideas of what I want to do for my first couple of weeks with the children, I started to think how I would put this information, i.e. objectives etc into a medium term plan. Usually, I cross reference these objectives with the relevant early goals but I just wondered, should I continue to do this and also refer to the 40-60 months section of development matters? I know this might sound like a stupid question but after having a week away from school things, my mind has gone blank. I appreciate that I might find out that some of my new cohort may be working below this stage, but until I find this out, I can't put this down. Ideally, none of this planning would be done without having my class for some time but my school do require me to have such plans available. Please can anyone advise. Thanks in advance!

2. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

For my medium term plan I have a page with all the headings on.. then i have all the DM's for my age range 30-50 (lots more than before i notice).. then i have a column with lots of ideas for activities.
    I had changed my planning format last year and just began to use A4 topic webs for mini topics. But Ive gone back to my old style. This is so I can highlight DM's im specifically planning for in the terms.. and it also enables me to become familiar with the new DM's. I shall also do the topic web medium term plans as these provide a simplier view and are based on the childrens interests for key skills I think they need lots of support to develop.
    Our school will require plans as well , infact i expect most schools will. I hope this is of some help. :)

3. Thanks for that Cinderella1. Just seen your medium term and weekly plan in the resource section and it seems to be a very effective way of planning. Thank you for uploading!

4. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

thank you :)