1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Downing Street adviser called for 'universal contraception' to stop 'permanent underclass'

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Morninglover, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

2. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Birth control for who? Oh yes, women.

Considering he thinks that efforts to protect girls in the UK from FGM is a just a fuss over nothing, and women's sport is more akin to the paralympics than men's sport, and holds onto the outdated idea that black people are intellectually inferior, are we really surprised this racist misogynist would think nothing of removing bodily autonomy for women.

3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Bravo!

I see what you did there and it was a masterclass in deflection.

Take a little bit of the story which might be used to trash talk Labour and turn the story from a criticism of the Governments' SPADs into one of Labour party potential leaders.

Brilliant work.

Please can someone ask him what he feels about the actual story at hand rather than the distraction and deflection?

4. Burndenpark

Not just women- I doubt it relates to the overclass, and the nice middle classes only ever have a reasonable number-

slingshotsally likes this.
  5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

What birth control would be given to men?

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

7. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

This self-promoting, privileged pipsqueak would be of no conseqence whatever if he hadn't been enough of a misfit to please the delightful mr cummings.

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

A temporary snip to last for at least 18 years from the onset of puberty?

Actually, as a devout anglo-catholic, mr sabisky should deplore the inevitable rise in promiscuity and STDs his idea, if implemented, would lead to!

9. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

"One way to get around problems of unplanned pregnances creating a permanent underclass would be to legally enforce universal uptake of long-term contraception at the onset of puberty," he wrote.

I don't think condoms were what he meant when he spoke of long-term contraception that is to be enforced at the onset of puberty, do you?

10. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Some men would just be pleased that it'd mean there was no further risk of physical evidence of their sexual liaisons in the form of a child.

slingshotsally and nizebaby like this.
  11. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

If it's true that other advisors and government ministers are refusing to work with Sabisky, and are boycotting his meetings, I can't see him lasting long - especially as he is apparently not even a SpAD. I believe he is an educational psychologist :eek::eek::eek: who has been contracted to advise on a particular (unidentified) project.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  12. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Perhaps the our Govt could do similar to the Indian Govt, in the 60s and 70s, bribe people to be sterilized; 'get your vasectomy today and receive a free transistor radio'.

Such pronouncements by people in our supposed 'government' would be hilarious, if they were not sinisterly frightening.

13. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

And some young girls too, I suppose, orkrider.

All in all, given that these remarks were made a few years ago (sabisky is now 27) they can be dismissed as the ramblings of a callow youth.

14. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

No.

slingshotsally and nizebaby like this.
  15. Burndenpark

I meant it's more specific than just birth control for women... it's birth control from a certain class.

See if you can spot the difference between the two families.

Both have an address on an estate, but often go and stay with relatives or at a different adress, neither have parents working regular hours, both have recently had child number 3, The man of the house passed through a succession of schools then went into the forces.
    Family a- parents are called Ryan and Chentelle
    Family b- parents are called HRH William and Kate.

Were they both to be discovered to have number four on the way- which do you think would be joyous front page headlines and which would have Johnson & co bemoaning lack of birth control.

BTW- how many does Johnson have? And by how many partners?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  16. Burndenpark

You are taking the thinking at least one step further than they are.

he's not really anything to do with the government, oh no no no …

Quick everyone - look over there!

slingshotsally, ajrowing and nizebaby like this.
  17. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

How do you mean? I see it as seeing the bigger picture.

slingshotsally and Burndenpark like this.
  18. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

I always suspected that the Tories held deep seated hatred of teachers. But want to eliminate the supply of children to destroy the teaching profession is rather terrible.

19. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Sabisky was mostly home-educated, wirh a few forays into private schools. His dad works for
    Unite.

As for not lettimg him speak, I totally disagree. Let him open his misfit mouth as wide as he likes and stand condemned by his own stupid words.

20. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter