1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Downing Street adviser called for 'universal contraception' to stop 'permanent underclass'

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Morninglover, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

'Legally enforced' from the onset of puberty. Thoughts?

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/po...1/new-downing-street-adviser-called-universal

"According to the Mail on Sunday, Mr Sabisky also posted to the website run by Mr Cummings, saying existing vaccination laws could pave the way for mandatory birth control.

"One way to get around problems of unplanned pregnances creating a permanent underclass would be to legally enforce universal uptake of long-term contraception at the onset of puberty," he wrote.

"Vaccination laws give it a predecent, I would argue."

The paper also reported that in a second post to the website, Mr Sabisky dismissed the Home Affairs Select Committee's description of female genital mutilation as a scandal.

"It is still unclear to what extent FGM represents a serious risk to young girls, raised in the UK, of certain minority group origins," he wrote.

"Much of the hue and cry looks more like a moral panic."

It comes after The Times uncovered a 2016 interview for Schools Weekly, in which the new adviser advocated giving children a dose of modafinil, a cognitive-enhancing drug.

But speaking to the magazine, Mr Sabisky said: "From a societal perspective the benefits of giving everyone modafinil once a week are probably worh a dead kid once a year."

And in a series of now-deleted tweets seen by the paper, the researcher also described female Labour MPs Yvette Cooper, Angela Rayner and Rebecca Long-Bailey as "dim", while writing in another that: "I am always straight up in saying that women's sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men's."

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

The fact he convinced a woman to actually breed off him is a surprise to me but let's not hope the dead kid is his. Though I'd rather it were his than mine.
    Asshole.

3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

It's fifteen fashionable triggers stitched together into a rubbish article in a publication of limited repute.
    Not sure how this particular question could be even tentatively raised-

4. Morninglover

So you're OK with Sabisky's views having some impact on Government? If so, why not just say so?

monicabilongame likes this.
  5. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

My definition of dim would certainly involve not recognising the risk to a political career of ever airing such views where they could be traced.

Alice K likes this.
  6. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Thoughts?

Mine are unprintable.

JL48, Laphroig, vimeswithav and 4 others like this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Don't they want "misfits and weirdos" ?

This government is full of them.

JL48, Jamvic, Alice K and 4 others like this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Actually I wasn't commenting on any views or influence on government. I was simply saying what a rubbish article it came across as and therefore not really a great piece in itself for forming an actual view point.
    You did ask for "thoughts?"and those were mine

9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Might be an idea to fight climate change.

Not even sure what this "permanent underclass" is... solution to that (if it exists) is a more fluid socially/economically mobile society.

10. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Well, Prime Minister Cummings does encourage creative misfits and oddballs to be involved in developing government policy.

11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Looks like this new adviser wants control of the Cummings and Goings!:eek::D

HistoryEducator likes this.
  12. will_osweighton

will_osweighton Occasional commenter

This is just an example of provocative thinking to get people talking about ideas.

It's worked!

13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

these "ideas" do not deserve an airing.

14. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Anyone seeing Long-Bailey interviewed by Andrew Marr yesterday is likely to agree with the last of these - she had great difficulty in remembering certain things, especially things she said only a year or two ago.

15. Morninglover

If Sabisky is right about Long-Bailey, so what? Even a stopped clock shows the correct time twice every 24 hours!

HistoryEducator likes this.
  16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Very evasive and denying she'd heard things, but isn't that typical of most politicians?

17. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

But if we didn't have a permanent underclass............ wouldn't the Establishment have to get off their collective @rses and do at least a couple of hours work?

Per week !

18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

True, but Keir Starmer is now so far ahead that I doubt Long-Bailey is still in the running. Nor, I fear, is Lisa Nandy, especially now the press have unearthed some foolish anti-LGBT things she wrote as a student. Mind you, she also criticised her Uni's Real Ale Society - it's wonderful what a barnpot you can be at the age of 21.;)

JL48 and burajda like this.
  19. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

Some posters on here, no name no pack drill, are evidently almost quadruple that age.

And still haven't learned !

20. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Our own beloved TES has been giving his views airtime. He has at least three articles on TES.