1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New development matters - an optimistic question!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hyssop_puppy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Our school has been using development matters highlighting sheets for a while now. Six sheets, one for each area of learnng. They have proved very useful as a paper document of children's achievements, informing planning and future assessment.
    I know the changes aren't huge but there are some differences between the new DM and the old. Has anyone revised/is anyone planning to revise a document similar to the one I've described? I have uploaded the one we use to resources, but I'm not sure I could face redoing the whole thing. Is there anyone out there feeling efficient AND generous?

2. Our school has been using development matters highlighting sheets for a while now. Six sheets, one for each area of learnng. They have proved very useful as a paper document of children's achievements, informing planning and future assessment.
    I know the changes aren't huge but there are some differences between the new DM and the old. Has anyone revised/is anyone planning to revise a document similar to the one I've described? I have uploaded the one we use to resources, but I'm not sure I could face redoing the whole thing. Is there anyone out there feeling efficient AND generous?

3. I don't know if this will work but someone (sorry can't remember) has put them in resources.
    http://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=6197796

4. Thank you for caring!
    I had actually found the very same resource myself.
    It looks like the very thing I was after, so I'm going to go back and leave a comment now.
    Thanks again BLRPH05!

5. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

The resources from the link are great! like previous poster said, these are what i have used for a few years now, one for each individual child to inform my planning/ tracking and to see gaps in learning.
    So thank you for the link. It saved me LOTS of time[*]