1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Department Set-Up

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by macauley22, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I am currently running a German language club with other members of staff. We are due to receive some textbooks (Logo 1,2,3 and Auf Deutsch 1,2,3,4). With this in mind I would love the students whom are doing the club this year to be able to get more out of it i.e a GCSE. So I have decided that I would prefer it to be a bit more structured in terms of having a handbook etc which can then be used for future years.

I was wondering when setting up a 'department' what other documents would I need? I have thought about;
    1) Departmental Handbook
    2) New SOW?s for both groups
    3) New forms of assessment
    4) Pupil tracking sheets
    5) Self Evaluation Forms

Is there anything I have missed? If anyone has copies of these that could be emailed to me I would be very grateful!!

Macauley :)

2. Hi All,

I am currently running a German language club with other members of staff. We are due to receive some textbooks (Logo 1,2,3 and Auf Deutsch 1,2,3,4). With this in mind I would love the students whom are doing the club this year to be able to get more out of it i.e a GCSE. So I have decided that I would prefer it to be a bit more structured in terms of having a handbook etc which can then be used for future years.

I was wondering when setting up a 'department' what other documents would I need? I have thought about;
    1) Departmental Handbook
    2) New SOW?s for both groups
    3) New forms of assessment
    4) Pupil tracking sheets
    5) Self Evaluation Forms

Is there anything I have missed? If anyone has copies of these that could be emailed to me I would be very grateful!!

Macauley :)