1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New curriculum

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by FGTO, Dec 5, 2011.

1. This might answer your question....as far as it can be.
    Who can tell?
    http://www.naht.org.uk/welcome/comment/blogs/warwick-mansells-blog/?blogpost=506

2. They have hidden it at www.gov.uk/.../national-curriculum-review-new-programmes-of-study-and-attainment-targets-from-september-2014

Great sentence on "Possible equalities impacts of the removal of levels and level descriptions."

It states "The curriculum review's Expert Panel set out clear evidence that the current levels system can lead to teachers concentrating on giving pupils the right "label", rather than setting high expectations for all pupils"

LIKE THE CURRENT OFSTED SYSTEM CAN LEAD TO INSPECTORS CONCENTRATING ON GIVING SCHOOLS THE RIGHT "LABEL", RATHER THAN SETTING HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL SCHOOLS !!!!!!!!

3. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

Thanks for the link max, now my poor adled brain is a bit confused. It says the consultation closes on 8th August , so is this another draft, or have they published the final document before the end of the consultation?

4. Yes this is a new consultation -lots of attention drawn to that huh? It is on this new draft that no-one could find so I doubt there will be many of us who respond; worth getting as many heads you know to do so though; the response form is on the link I posted above.

5. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I printed off the new document today and what a surprise the file name contains the word final in capital letters. Guess I won't bother taking part in the consultation!

6. DM

DM New commenter

Changes are still being made (but they are likely to be minor) so you can expect a final final version in due course.