1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new coordinator role - what files/folders should I have?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by busnae, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi, am new to coordinating and was wondering what folders/files I need to have on my shelf! Trying to get my head around how to organise everything I have and keep finding that I want to do/use

many thanks

2. I've been co-ordinating Foundation Stage for approx 6 years now and I've not yet found the answer to this question.
    I have planning files, children's records files including all tracking and moderation, I have my co-ordinator file where I put everything that relates to early years in the school. I keep minutes of SMT, interesting newspaper articles, county moderation, results, data + my analysis, school data with analysis and it's relevance to FS. I also keep copies of performance management that I have undertaken, and my own performance management, and any lesson observations. I also create an action plan each year, showing my plans for enhancing teaching and learning, based on data and feedback from team meetings.
    I am currently setting up a file which gives a month by month (or term by term - not decided yet) appropach to nursery as when I started in the nursery I had a "moment" where I didn't know what I was doing.
    I've also got a file where I am keeping all information that is coming in about the new curriculum.
    I suppose that you will find your own way of filing all of the information. As long as you know where to find things, I suppose that's all that matters.

3. Thanks, that's really helpful. I think I had the idea that there were things I didn't have and should but a main co-ordinators file with all those bits in sounds similar to what I had envisaged.
    I think I will do a separate action plan file for this year - with evidence to show what I do?

Thanks for sharing