1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New coordinator - OFSTED help

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ladybird22, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hi we are due OFSTED visit soon and was just wondering the type of paper work and the kinds of questions thay might ask. i have my action plan and data of where the children were on entry to nursery. I have begun to track and compare where the current nursery children and reception are now. But wonder what else OFSTED are likley to ask for. Any advise would be greatfully recieved. Thanks

2. cheekychops

cheekychops New commenter

We had Ofsted in school before Christmas I am Early years co-ordinator for FS with a mix of nursery and reception.They were very interested in the previous three years data, wanted to know how we tracked the children, parental involvement in the setting, (wanted evidence of this) standard of provision in our setting, lots of emphasis on how we catered for any special needs children. Looked at learning journals, briefly looked at planning but did ask for a copy of medium term.We really sold ourselves talked about flexible provision for parents, links with the community stated how we had a clear vision of where we wanted to go next. Must have done something right as we got outstanding

3. Thanks for that - lots to think about, especially Parental involvement might need to think about the kind of evidence I could provide for that.

4. Thanks i could start putting together photos of activities parents have been involved in .