1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New cooker?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BEXJ, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hi I am looking for some advice please. Our cooker in school needs replacing, we have not used it for over a year and it is well past its best. I was looking at cookers in ESPO and was going to order one until someone said we needed a cool touch safety cooker of which I can not find anywhere! Do other schools have a special cooker? I really want to get everyone cooking again!

2. Hi I am looking for some advice please. Our cooker in school needs replacing, we have not used it for over a year and it is well past its best. I was looking at cookers in ESPO and was going to order one until someone said we needed a cool touch safety cooker of which I can not find anywhere! Do other schools have a special cooker? I really want to get everyone cooking again!

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

I've no idea - but I wonder if you might get some help on the DT forum where some DT Food teachers might be able to advise you?

4. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

I pressume others are talking about induction hobs. The downside of these is that they need certain types of saucepans to work....the cheap & cheerful saucepans most times dont!