1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Computer Science Curriculum- Any idea?!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ellie8693, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ellie8693

ellie8693 New commenter

Hi,

I am interested to know whether teachers particularly in Primary are getting any training for the new computer science curriculum?

Also does the new curriculum lend itself to the technology you already have within your schools?

Thanks!

2. gregometer

gregometer Occasional commenter

Ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh heh ho ho ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh heh ho ho heh ho ho heh ho ho ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh heh ho ho heh ho ho heh ho ho ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh heh ho ho heh ho ho heh ho ho ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha heh heh heh ho ho heh ho ho heh.

Training? That's a good 'un.

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Although I ma not a big fan of the site the best port of call for you would be to head to the computing at school page. They have an events page where you can search locally for things that are going on. I have been visiting quite a few primary schools myself over the last few years to help with teaching teachers how to get more out of scratch so if you are in the Kent area then I can help. However there are plenty of willing people on the CAS forum who would be able to help. Why not put a post on there and see who responds. You won't get much out of this forum anymore, just vacuous comments like the one above. You might also want to try the facebook group for KS3 computing ans see if anyone form that can help, it has a lot of members (just shy of 1000) so chances would be good
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/254185994653238/

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I've recently subscribed to the Facebook groups for KS3 Computing and OCR Computing. The KS3 one is better, but they're both populated by people who make the posters in here look like Rustie Lee and who are clearly not in a Computing frame of mind.

I'm particuarly shocked by the indifference - and, in some cases, downright hostility - of Computing teachers to the use of simple Computing techniques to solve programming problems. One member asked me why I'd bother to make a solution smaller and more efficient - surely that's the whole raison d'être of Computing?

5. ozmatts12

ozmatts12 New commenter

Hello guys,

Please, can you recommend the best edexcel computer science textbook for igcse?