1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New coat!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I am so sick of wearing my now 'scruffy', last years' winter coat, I thought I would treat myself to a new one today..wrong!, there is hardly any to be found, and the few ones I did see were awful, I reckon we still have at least of a couple of months' cold/wet/freezing weather to come,but I guess its back to wearing my scruffy one til then, and get a new one in November..depressing [​IMG]

2. I am so sick of wearing my now 'scruffy', last years' winter coat, I thought I would treat myself to a new one today..wrong!, there is hardly any to be found, and the few ones I did see were awful, I reckon we still have at least of a couple of months' cold/wet/freezing weather to come,but I guess its back to wearing my scruffy one til then, and get a new one in November..depressing [​IMG]

3. Sounds like an excuse for some seriously natty gloves and scarves to me.

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

5. ebay?

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Loads in Sainsbury's yesterday...

7. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I've had my current winter coat for about 3 or 4 years and the lining has all torn and it does look a bit skanky! My mum moans every time she sees me, tells me she wants to burn it! I'm pregnant though so it seems silly to waste money on a new coat which i'll have to get in a bigger size. I did see a really nice one in Laura Ashley a while ago, but it was £170! I'm just hoping it gets warmer soon!

8. Val, have you tried ASOS? Last time I looked, they had quite a vast selection, but that was a wee while ago now.
    Someone else mentioned Ebay, and you could have a look ay vintage stuff on Etsy if that's your cup of tea.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I daresn't tell you how old my winter coat is!
    Suffice to say I've had it since before I was married.
    I am without doubt the world's greatest tightarse. [​IMG]

10. Thanks for the replies.
    I have decided not to buy another coat, i want to lose weight (gained a BAILIES 2 stone!!).
    So, no point in paying for something that hopefully will bury me next winter..[​IMG]

11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My coat is pre weight loss so that makes it at least 12years old. It is loose and swingy but the cut of the shoulders is all wrong now so didn't actually wear it this year. Have decided jackets are more practical and bought one biggish this year to fit all the layers of jumpers under. Its a pretend leather biker type and I love it!

12. I always buy mine in September. You'll be hard pushed to find a decent coat now, as all the spring summer stuff is in.

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Coincidentally, I ordered one of these online this morning. 60% off in sale. I hope it fits
    [​IMG]

14. My old auntie used to say, a good coat hides a multitude of sin. I've often found that to be true.

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter