1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new class, new job, Toolkit

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bluerose, Jun 1, 2008.

1. some great information here
    http://outstanding-lessons.wikispaces.com/

if your new school is into creative curriculum have a search on primary re Peecees creative yahoo group lots of folk to help you there

2. Brendens a great host in particular look at materials from Julia and Opera Diva and teh generators for loop cards etc

http://www.brendenisteaching.com/

also search for ********** and sparklebox2 both now are free and full of fantastic resources just be prepared to pay lot fo ink and laminating

3. I love you more and more each day!! how fantastic are you!!

I have a new class/job in September, so all this info is really useful!!!

Thank you!!

4. Thanks for this, I am actually in charge of a "toolkit for new teachers" project, but unfortunately it's only going to be open for people on my course for the time being

5. wow! Thank you so much for this - it is really, really helpful!

I am an NQT and starting first post in September, so all this answers my questions. I am busy downloading things that will be useful to diff plans and units but will take notice of the 'don;t overplan in summer' as won't know the children till get in. I am going to ask to go in maybe one day a week just so can used to the school, procedures etc and see how things all work - I am on supply at the mo so do have time for this!

Thanks again for your time in sharing this with us Bluerose, greatly appreciated xxx

6. Thanks too Brenden for all your hard work with your site and all your resources! x

7. Thanks so much for this!

8. will keep bumping this as it has so many useful links with info folks will ask for a lot in next few months

9. Oh dear, all these fab ideas and links mean that I've gone off-track! Have written lots down in my little red book, so back to planning for THIS term now.
    :eek:D

10. brfcsc

brfcsc New commenter

Bumping it up

11. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

12. iceni

iceni New commenter

I have trouble remembering names so I have always phographed the children individually, laminated them and written their names on the back to learn them over the summer. It's never been a problem before.

These photos can then be used next year eg to say which pupils have which responsibilities that week.