1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Careers peer advisor to help answer your queries

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 6, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

I’m pleased to announce that a new Careers peer advisor will be available to offer information and support to help members, who are looking for advice, take the next necessary steps to progress in their career.

I’m pleased to introduce Bukky Yusuf who will be joining the TES Community as the Careers peer advisor this week.

Bukky will also be available to respond to queries specifically relating to getting a new job in the Career clinic forum.

Bukky Yusuf is a secondary science consultant and qualified coach. In her most recent school leadership role, she led the NQT / ITT development programme and IT to enhance teaching and learning. She has spent over a decade in London schools, teaching science, A-level chemistry and Level 3 BTEC. Bukky is also a London Regional Leader for WomenEd and is registered as a leadership coach as part of a pilot run by the Department for Education.

Bukky has presented at various conferences including Bett, PedagooHampshire and WomenEd. She supports the development of educators at all levels and promotes initiatives to help colleagues maintain their well-being.

Bukky shares these key messages through a number of social media platforms. She is a prolific member of the Twitter community (@rondelle10_b).

Bukky said: "It is a great honour to support the TES career advice and jobs forums. I look forward to extending the discussions for new and experienced educators. I also aim to facilitate the variety of career choices for colleagues through informed and honest online conversations."

Bukky will take over from Emma Kell who responded to members' queries over the summer. I hope you will join me in welcoming Bukky to the forums and wishing Emma all the best in her new job.

Please note that this forum, including all content posted in it (whether by you or us or on our behalf), is subject to our General Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://www.tes.com/us/terms-and-conditions.

As set out in our General Terms and Conditions, the content and posts in this forum are for general information only and are not intended to, nor do they, constitute legal or other professional advice or services or a recommendation to purchase any product or service or a recommendation upon which any specific decision should be made. The information and content made available in this forum should not be relied on as a substitute for proper professional advice. We accept no responsibility for any reliance placed on information or content provided in this forum or otherwise through our websites or services.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

A shame Emma Kell was with us such a short length of time, however I certainly wish her well as she no doubt returns to pressing duties in school.

A warm welcome Bukky Yusuf, who will no doubt be able to help many an aspiring teacher to start / move on with their careers.

BYusuf likes this.
  3. BYusuf

BYusuf Occasional commenter TES Careers peer advisor

Thanks for the introduction Rosaline.

Thank you Lara for your warm welcome.

I look forward to engaging with the various members within the forum.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Teaching_Tricks

Teaching_Tricks Occasional commenter

Welcome old friend :)

BYusuf likes this.
  5. BYusuf

BYusuf Occasional commenter TES Careers peer advisor

Thank you and hi

Lara mfl 05 likes this.