1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new car needed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by uppereastside, Dec 29, 2010.

1. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Toyota Aygo's are lovely and quite small. Road tax only £20/25.

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Why do people want small cars?
    Surely efficient and larger is better. This[​IMG]have the same mpg, I know which I would rather be crashed into by an uninsured driver.

3. 6 grand verses 45 grand....ummmmmm...which one, which one ?

4. lurk_much

Okay, you have me there. Price is a consideration for us all[​IMG]
    I still don't understand why you would want a little tinny box. A
    mate has a Yaris and it feels as safe as a chocolate wrapper. But you can get a three year old 50mpg Honda Accord for thw same price as a new Panda and it will probably last longer, go further, carry more, both faster and more comfortably. With proper servicing.

5. It's still snowy here and it's making me look covetously at Volvos and other such sensible beasts. Although, now that I have finally managed to track down winter tyres for my car it will probably never snow again...Personally, I would say people want small cars because of their manoeuvrability - Mr Air's larger car has the turning circle of a North Sea Ferry.

6. lurk_much

turning circle[​IMG] cheers, I knew there must be something.
    The snow tyres sound like a good idea, If I didn't have four brand new tyres on my van I would have changed over to them this winter. I expect they just wear faster in the summer so it probably wouldn't really matter if you leave them on.

7. I'm thinking of getting the Skoda fabia vrs the mean green one. How do you find the Skoda takfam?

8. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

We've had lots of VW over the years and on the whole they have been more reliable and economical than the Fiat, Honda, and Vauxhalls we've had.

OH and I are both driving VWs at the moment. I love my polo diesel - £35 to tax and I get around 55 mls to the gallon.