1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New camera

Discussion in 'Personal' started by way2serious, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I would like to buy a new camera before we go away in the summer. I don't want to pay a fortune and don't want anything huge but would like something easy to use and gives good pictures. Any suggestions???

2. My brother's girlfriend has the panasonic lumix which serves her well. It has a good zoom on it and takes good pictures.
    My father-in-law, who is a photographer, recommended the Nikon Coolpix s8100 which is a little more expensive, but he insists it is the best point and shoot.

3. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I have a canon ixus, it's great.

4. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Another vote for Panasonic Lumix- bought one in the summer and think it is great. Very easy to use for a technophobe like me

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I LOVE my Panasonic Lumix TZ6. Fabulous camera with a good optical zoom (you can also use the zoom when using the video option) Highly recommended by me (and all the review sites) x