1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Book

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RFMD1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Good day all
    I am new to this site and ironically my first post is about self promotion!!
    I have a new children's book which has just been created and was wondering whether anyone knew of the best way in which I can promote it to primary schools and children's bookshops?
    It has an educational value but sticks to the form of a story book and all of the pictures have been hand drawn witrh new characters created.
    If anyone has anything that may help please let me know - thank you!
    C

2. Good day all
    I am new to this site and ironically my first post is about self promotion!!
    I have a new children's book which has just been created and was wondering whether anyone knew of the best way in which I can promote it to primary schools and children's bookshops?
    It has an educational value but sticks to the form of a story book and all of the pictures have been hand drawn witrh new characters created.
    If anyone has anything that may help please let me know - thank you!
    C

3. author visits to schools, assemblies, interactive sessions such as Q&A, podcasts to children etc.

Book Week is coming up soon in March, schools will most likely be running events then, they might be interested in having a visiting author, you could promote your book that way.
    We have Jack Trelawny visiting for free, but is selling his books at the school.

4. Hello
    I'm searching for visiting authors for World Book Day (week at my school) and just found your post on TES. I know it's been a while, but are you still offering your services? We'd love to have you at school if you are. How has it gone so far?

Chris, Snaresbrook Primary School, London E18 2EN