1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New blog aimed at Religious Education PGCE/NQTs

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by MV258, Sep 27, 2015.

1. MV258

MV258 New commenter

Hi there!

I just thought I'd share a new blog - mrvinceblog - which are reflections on my time as a PGCE/NQT student. I aim to update the blog bi-weekly following what I remember going through on the PGCE course, then the NQT year. I have a positive outlook on the process, but I hope to also flag up some of the challenges I faced.

Furthermore, it will be very trainee-focussed; particularly in reference to evidencing and observations. This was a real sticking point for me during the process, and as such I have developed some ways of directly evidencing the standards in practice that are VERY OBVIOUS FOR OBSERVERS. There are also some resource/signposting pages on there too, which I will add to further over time.

In terms of myself, I completed the Secondary Religious Education PGCE at Exeter University (which is renowned for its paperwork) followed by a successful NQT year in a school in Devon. I am now undertaking a PhD at Cardiff University, looking to explore the identity of Muslim Teachers in the UK.

I am also looking to contribute to other blogs, so please feel free to contact me on this behalf.

I hope it is of some use as the year goes on, and good luck!

Matt Vince