1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New bedding - have you seen anything nice?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pwtin, Mar 27, 2011.

1. pwtin

pwtin New commenter

Try looking up pip studio bedding , unusual and beautiful .£130 for a kingsize set including 2 pillows , I have bought 2 sets recently- originates from the Netherlands I think and is now sold over here.

2. Matalan, Primark or your local Asian shop. Also B&M Bargains. I've got a pair of sheets and pillowcases which were a weddng present from over 32 years ago. A lovely aunt bought them for us from America. They are lovely thick cotton percale and I've never managed to find anything as nice.Everything seem so thin nowadays even the 300 thread Egyptian cotton.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

Blimey - that's steep!!

4. Also Argos and La redoute have some matching valances.

5. http://www.linenslimited.co.uk/

6. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I recently had a bit of a 'thing' about new bedlined, having never bought any for years & years & years!!
    BUT I've made a few mistakes as I hate to iron. I have one set from Dunhelm which is minimum care but I would really like some more that is simply 'non-iron'. Any suggestions?
    As for matching valance - I too did not know there was such a thing, but really do thing matching plain dye would suit you better.

7. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I THINK! therefore I am

I do not THING!!!

8. I have seen sets with matching valances but I think it can look very "busy", depending on the pattern.
    Personally, I am not so keen on them anymore - they arern't really used here anyway, although I do have one very pretty set with a valance which I sometimes use.
    There are some lovely designs on the link just posted - unfortunately, the pillow sizes are always of no use to me, as we have different sized pillows here.
    I suppose I could buy the pillows as well, couldn't I? Tempting, tempting....

9. Seersucker [​IMG]