1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Bed - how much?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I'm investigating getting myself a new bed - something decent enough, possibly with a couple of drawers. How much should I be looking to spend?

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I'm investigating getting myself a new bed - something decent enough, possibly with a couple of drawers. How much should I be looking to spend?

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

£500+?

4. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

I would agree with above - spend as much as you can afford. The frame itself maybe relatively cheap, especially if you get a metal frame, wooden ones tend to be more expensive. The real cost will be in the mattress - if you get a cheap one, you may not sleep properly... and will have to change it more often...

5. About £200 for the pocket sprung mattress - I hate memory foam!
    Then another £2-300 for the divan style bed.
    I bought a wooden frame for about £100 and then 2 rollaways for £50 each, but I can't remember why now!
    10 years later the bed is fine and I need a new mattress... probably should have got one about 2 years ago!
    Buy the best you can with the mattress though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Surely it will depend on what size you want.